Terms And Conditions
- LOJACK'S SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LOJACK SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE REGARDING ANY SERVICE AND THE SITES, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE REGARDING THE SERVICE AND THE SITES.
- LoJack and its affiliates do not review or monitor any third-party Web sites linked to the service or blog sections of the Sites and are not responsible for the content on any such linked Web site. The inclusion of any link does not imply that LoJack endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party sites. Refer to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each individual third-party site to determine your rights and responsibilities in using such site. Your linking to such third-party Web site is at your own risk.
- All trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans, domain names and trade names (collectively "Marks") are the properties of their respective owners. LoJack disclaims any proprietary interest in Marks other than its own. All materials contained in the Sites are the copyrighted property of LoJack, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any part of these Sites is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, materials or other materials viewed through the Sites. If you wish to use material contained on any of LoJack's Sites other than for your individual review and individual educational purpose, and the copyright ownership of such material is held by a third party, then you must secure the permission of such third-party in order to use such material. If you wish to download and use any information contained in the Sites other than for your individual review and individual educational purposes or in connection with your customer relationship or potential customer relationship with LoJack, send an e-mail to email@example.com so that the Webmaster may evaluate your proposed use of LoJack's Site content.
- If the Webmaster approves your request to use content from one of LoJack's Sites, you are granted permission to view, use, reproduce, copy and distribute documents within that particular Site for the sole purposes specified in your request. You agree that: (i) you will not modify the documents, publications or graphics; (ii) you will not quote materials out of context; and (iii) you will retain and display the copyright notice of LoJack on such content. You further agree that LoJack shall have the right to revoke its consent at any time and you shall immediately cease any further use of the LoJack Sites content. The foregoing consent does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of LoJack's Sites. Subject to the further terms set forth in Section 5 above, you assume all risks concerning the suitability and accuracy of the information within LoJack's Sites which you propose to use, subject to LoJack's consent.
- LoJack may make changes to the Sites, information contained therein, software, documents, publications, prices, technical specifications, product and service offerings and any other information and materials within the Sites at any time and without prior notice.
- You shall not use LoJack's Sites for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You shall not undertake any initiative that shall damage, disable, overburden or impair any LoJack server, or the network(s) connected to any LoJack server, or otherwise interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Web site. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any LoJack server or to the Sites, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- You hereby grant LoJack a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, display, publish, post on any LoJack Site, and/or distribute, for any and all purposes, any content that you submit, transmit, post, upload, or otherwise communicate (collectively, "Submit") on or through a LoJack Site. Such use by LoJack may be without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. By Submitting content to a LoJack Site, you represent and warrant that you own such content and are not violating any third party's rights. You agree not to Submit any content that is illegal, offensive, vulgar, harassing or defamatory, or any content for the purposes of advertising, soliciting, or spamming. LoJack reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any Submission from the Sites for any reason, without notice to you.
- You agree to defend and indemnify LoJack, its subsidiaries and other affiliates, and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, harmless from any and all injuries, losses, claims and damages to any person or property, and all costs and expenses, including, without limitation attorneys' fees, and any other liabilities incurred by any of the foregoing resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions or arising from your use of the LoJack Sites.
- LoJack respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects others to respect such rights while using and making submissions to the LoJack Sites. Any copyright owner who believes that his or her copyright rights have been infringed should follow the procedure set forth below in order for LoJack to receive notice and respond appropriately. LoJack will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the website's designated agent. The LoJack Sites' designated agent must be contacted using one of the following methods:
- By mail: LoJack Corporation, 40 Pequot Way, Canton, MA 02021, Attention: Legal Department.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All email notifications must contain the subject line: "Notice of Copyright Infringement".
- By fax: 781-302-2898, Attention: Legal Department.
- All notifications must be in writing, and contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the location on the LoJack Sites where the allegedly infringing material can be found;
- Contact information for the complaining party including a mailing address, email address and telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- These User Terms and any disputes arising out of or related to LoJack's Sites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
NOTICE: IF YOUR MOTOR VEHICLE HAS BEEN STOLEN, REPORT THE THEFT IMMEDIATELY TO THE POLICE IN THE CITY OR TOWN WHERE THE THEFT OCCURRED BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER. THE LOJACK CONSUMER MOBILE APPLICATION (the "Application") DOES NOT UTILIZE THE PATENTED LOJACK STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERY SYSTEM, NOR IS IT INTEGRATED WITH THE LOJACK TRACKING SYSTEMS THAT LAW ENFORCEMENT USE IN MANY JURISDICTIONS ACROSS THE UNITED STATES. THE APPLICATION IS OFFERED TO CONSUMERS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH INFORMATION THAT MAY ASSIST THEM IN THE EVENT THAT THEIR MOTOR VEHICLE IS STOLEN, TO HELP THEM STORE INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE RELEVANT IN THE EVENT THAT THEIR MOTOR VEHICLE IS STOLEN, AND TO ASSIST THEM IN LOCATING THEIR PARKED MOTOR VEHICLE.
Internet Access and Cellular Communications
Use of the Application requires an Internet connection and may result in charges from your cellular service provider. LoJack is not responsible for any such charges. It is your responsibility to obtain Internet and cellular service necessary to use the Application. LOJACK DOES NOT WARRANT, REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT COMMUNICATION FUNCTIONALITY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR PLACE. LOJACK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF YOUR INTERNET SERVICE OR CELLULAR COMMUNICATION PROVIDERS, OR ANY UNAVAILABILITY OF THE APPLICATION OR ERRORS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROVIDERS' SYSTEMS OR SERVICES.
Third Party Content
The Application may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties ("Third Party Content"), including, for example, Google Maps. LoJack is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness, copyright compliance, legality or quality or any other aspect of the Third Party Content.
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Application was obtained. The Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Party's List or Entity List.
Links to Other Sites
These Web sites contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by LoJack. Please be aware that we, LoJack, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Web sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Information Collection & Use
LoJack Corporation is the sole owner of the information collected on www.lojack.com and other LoJack-owned websites. LoJack collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our Web sites. We use this information to, including without limitation, (i) contact customers about their LoJack purchases, (ii) notify contest winners and award prizes, (iii) monitor site traffic and personalize our Web sites (in the case of anonymous information collected in surveys) and (iv) send participants an email newsletter.
LoJack Consumer Mobile Application
The information stored on your smart device is not the responsibility of LoJack. Please be advised that your VIN is accessible to LoJack solely for the purpose of communicating your non-registration of the LoJack unit to you.
Surveys or Contests
From time-to-time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our Web site. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age).
If you choose to tell a friend about our Web site or send them information regarding our Web site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a link to our Web site. We store this information for the purpose of sending emails to such individual regarding LoJack and our products and services.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com
to request that we remove this information from our database.
If you choose to make a comment on our blog, we will require that you provide a valid email address and read and agree to our Terms and Conditions prior to commenting. We may use your email address to contact you with regard to a variety of marketing communications programs, including our newsletter. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications at any time, please refer to the "Choice/Opt-out" section below.
If you choose to submit your own recovery story to our blog, the content of your submission will be treated in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions. The relevant section is reproduced below for your convenience:
LoJack.com Terms and Conditions Section 10: You hereby grant LoJack a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, display, publish, post on any LoJack Site, and/or distribute, for any and all purposes, any content that you submit, transmit, post, upload, or otherwise communicate (collectively, "Submit") on or through a LoJack Site. Such use by LoJack may be without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. By Submitting content to a LoJack Site, you represent and warrant that you own such content and are not violating any third party's rights. You agree not to Submit any content that is illegal, offensive, vulgar, harassing or defamatory, or any content for the purposes of advertising, soliciting, or spamming. LoJack reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any Submission from the Sites for any reason, without notice to you.
Communications from the Site
Special Offers and Updates
From time to time we will send you information on our products, services, special offers and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see the "Choice/Opt-out" section below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the "Choice/Opt-out" section below.
Product or Service-related Announcements
From time to time we may send you product or service-related announcements. For instance, if our products are being updated or certain services are temporarily unavailable, we may contact you via email, regular mail or by telephone.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us upon registering with our Web site, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the products or services you request, and to manage your online account. We will communicate with you by regular mail, email or telephone, generally in accordance with your wishes.
Profile/Personally Identifiable Information
We store information that we collect through cookies, clear gifs, and/or third party sources to create a "profile" of your preferences. We may tie your personally identifiable information and your purchasing history to information in the profile, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers and to improve the content of our Web site for you.
We protect user information by placing it on the secure portion of our Web site, using firewalls and other security technology to protect our network and systems from external attacks. Our servers have been enabled with Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) technology to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing the nonpublic personal information that you provide or access during a secure session. While on a secure page, the lock icon on the bottom of your Web browser will be locked. If you have any questions about the security of our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product or service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our registration form.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share personally identifiable information (such as your name, email and postal address and summary of purchase information) with our affiliates as our affiliates may market to you.
We may share personally identifiable information with third parties whom we employ to perform functions on our behalf and with whom we have contractual relationships. For example, we use a third party shipping company to fulfill orders and a third party credit card processing company to verify and process your credit card information. All such third parties are contractually obligated to use your personally identifiable information only for the purpose for which it is given and they do not retain, share or store such information. We are not responsible for the information practices of third parties outside of such contractual relationships. The collection, use and disclosure of information by third parties are subject to their respective privacy policies, which may differ from our policy.
We may use other third parties to provide services on our Web site. For example, we may use a third party service provider to conduct surveys and contests on our Web site. We may share personally identifiable information as is necessary for such third party to provide such service. All such third parties are contractually obligated to use your personally identifiable information only for the purpose for which it is given and they do not retain, share or store such information. We are not responsible for the information practices of third parties outside of such contractual relationships. The collection, use and disclosure of information by third parties are subject to their respective privacy policies, which may differ from our policy.
From time to time, LoJack participates in marketing initiatives with other companies. As part of these initiatives we may share personally identifiable information and transaction information (such as your name, email and postal address and summary of purchase information) with other merchants and merchant exchanges. Other merchants may, in turn, use this information to send you offers on their products and services. If you prefer to not have this information shared with other merchants and exchanges, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Law Enforcement or Emergency Response
We reserve the right to share personally identifiable information as required by law and when we have a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (i) protect the rights of our customers, the public or our business and/or (ii) comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web Site.
Sale or Merger
We may share personally identifiable information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets. In such transactions, consumer information is generally one of the transferred business assets. In the unlikely event customer information is transferred pursuant to a sale or merger, individuals will be notified and given the opportunity to opt-out of having their personally identifiable information transferred to the acquiring entity.
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable information)
We may share aggregated demographic information with our affiliates, agents, service providers or other marketers. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California are entitled to know what personal information we may share with third parties for marketing purposes. You may request this information by contacting us at email@example.com
Most browsers can be set to notify a user when a cookie is being placed on a user's computer. A user can set their browser to refuse to accept cookies, although this may affect a users experience on our Web site.
Visitors From Outside the United States